NatureArt Lab offers participants the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and immerse themselves in art inspired by nature. Select a series of courses to suit your interests, and consider developing your foundation skills through a better understanding of colour theory, drawing skills or use of water-based mediums such as watercolour or gouache. Our team of experienced tutors will support your creative learning journey with expert instruction and guidance in a fully equipped art-science space.
Galapagos, Amazonian Equador and Peru: August - September 2020 (fully booked - waitlist only)
Journey through the Galapagos Islands and Amazonian Equador with a nature, art and photography focus. Experience several of the world's great natural wonders! Our unique itinerary includes:
• Galapagos Island Cruise
7 nights private chartered cruise - aboard the Coral II (23 – 30 August 2020)
- visit the Santa Fe sea lion colonies, see blue-footed boobies, Galapagos finches, frigatebirds and land iguanas; visit Espanola, the only nesting place of the beautiful Waved Albatross and snorkel with the marine life and marine iguanas; explore Floreana with the archipelago’s largest flamingo colony; enjoy San Christabal Island Museum of Natural History; observe the famous giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island.
• Equador - Quito and Coca
Includes 4 nights in Quito (pre/post Equador nights) plus 4 nights at La Selva Jungle Lodge (31 August – 4 Sept 2020)
- Day and night canoe rides through the rainforest, trail walks with naturalist guides to see mammals, birds and insects; parrot clay-licks, black-mantled tamarin monkeys and tapirs; wilderness trail walks with a chance to see larger mammals, including the elusive giant otter. See seven primate species including capuchin, howler monkeys and maybe the tiny pigmy marmoset – the smallest monkey in the world.
Our program offers an optional extra 8 nights in Peru (5 – 12 Sept)
- Sacred Valley: enjoy breathtaking views of valley and its agricultural terraces
- Macchu Picchu: guided tour of the mysterious, magical, majestic Macchu Picchu
- Aguas Calientes – Cusco: get to know this UNESCO World Heritage site, see Incan and European architecture and culture. Visit Incan temples, Spanish cathedrals and impressive archeological sites of Qenko and Puca-Pucara.
- Private chartered cruise, Galapagos Islands, 7 night cruise, twin share accommodation in air-conditioned cabins with private bathroom (no single supplements), scheduled meals on board, daily visits to the islands with English-speaking guides, snorkeling opportunities, briefings and lectures on board, transfers to and from the islands from/to the ship. Snorkelling equipment (optional).
- Equador, Pre and Post Stay twin share accommodation (no single supplements), 4 nights bed and breakfast.
- Equador, La Selva Jungle Lodge, twin share accommodation (no single supplements), 4 nights, all meals, all sightseeing included, private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle, English-speaking guide.
- Travel with expert guides and award-winning Australian artist Janet Matthews for individual mentoring and art tuition (for the Galapagos and Equador components); accompanied by NatureArt Lab Directors Julia and Alan Landford for the entire trip.
- All flights are included - economy ex Sydney/Melbourne (option to upgrade available); Flights to Peru optional extra.
- All airport transfers are included.
- Optional extra 8 nights in Peru, twin share accommodation (no single supplements), full day Pisac market, Pisac ruins, Maras and Moray with lunch; visit to the town and archeological site of Ollantaytambo; ticket train Ollanta/Mapi return - Vistadome; Full day at Macchu Picchu with lunch at the Belmond; Weaving demonstration at Chrinchero with lunch at local restaurant; Half-day city tour of Cusco/tour of archaelogical sites near Cusco, all airport transfers.
Please contact info@natureartlab for a copy of the itinerary, plus payment terms and conditions. If you are interested in joining a future NatureArt trip or would like to be wait listed for a place, let us know.
Fitness to travel
A reasonable level of fitness is required to participate in this tour. In some destinations there are extensive sight-seeing excursions by foot which may include climbing of stairs and uneven terrain. Some South American cities such as Quito and Cusco are situated at an altitude of over 2,850 metres above sea level. At these altitudes the lack of oxygen affects most people to some extent until they become acclimatised. We recommend that you visit a doctor and dentist prior to your decision to participate.
Price is $16,652 per person*, plus an optional extra 8 nights in Peru for $2,915.00 per person. All flights ex-Sydney/Melbourne economy class will be arranged through Jamison Travel, Canberra on 02 6251 5166 as part of this package.
*Final pricing is subject to minimum numbers being reached. A small surcharge will apply should numbers fall below 15. A maximum of 16 places available.
Deposit per person $1,500.00 due at time of booking. The deposit is partially refundable (50%) up until 31 August 2019 - then it is non-refundable.
This trip is arranged in partnership with Jamison Travel, Canberra. For further information please contact Julia Landford at firstname.lastname@example.org or Jamison Travel on 02 6251 5166.
Artwork by Janet Matthews, 'FrigateBird-Ready for Love', Coloured pencil