NatureArt Lab offers participants the opportunity to learn new skills, meet new people and immerse themselves in art inspired by nature. Select a series of courses to suit your interests, and consider developing your foundation skills through a better understanding of colour theory, drawing skills or use of water-based mediums such as watercolour or gouache. Our team of experienced tutors will support your creative learning journey with expert instruction and guidance in a fully equipped art-science space.
Montague Island Experience 8-11 November 2019
Enjoy one of the most incredible art and wildlife immersion experiences available on the east coast of Australia!
Whether you are an artist or a nature photographer, you will love this opportunity to sit amidst hundreds of breeding terns and gulls with newly emerged chicks, watch the little penguins arrive ashore in the evenings and see seals on the rocky shoreline. There is an optional extra tour available for people wishing to snorkel with the seals (cost and further details available on application).
This Montague Island trip includes:
- boat trips from Narooma to Montague Island, and return
- 3 nights accommodation at the historic lighthouse with twin share rooms (single supplement may be available on application)
- all meals are provided throughout the program (3 dinners, 3 breakfasts and 2 lunches, plus morning and afternoon tea refreshments)
- 3 art workshops with NatureArt Lab tutors
- 2 scientific presentations by experienced ecologist and bird expert
- guided walks each day with ecologist and bird expert, including an opportunity to contribute to daily wildlife counts
- evening viewings of Little Penguins coming ashore
- Private ranger-guided tour of the historic Montague Island light house, with 360 degree views of the NSW coastline and surrounding island plus ocean
Dates: 8 - 11 November 2019
- Departs Narooma, NSW, around midday on Friday 8 November (thirty minute boat trip across to Montague Island).
- Returns to Narooma early afternoon on Monday 11 November 2018
(Note: Departure times and dates may vary depending on weather conditions).
Full payment of $1,200.00 inc. GST is due by 1 August 2019; payments may be made by installments on request. Early bird discounts of $200.00 off the full price are available for bookings made by 1 June 2019.