11 May 2024, ILLUSTRATING MOTHS IN WATERCOLOUR, ONLINE with Dr Anna Voytsekhovich
Create your own amazing moth illustrations in watercolour with Anna Voytsekhovich!
- Date: 11 May 2024
- Days/Times: Saturday 10.00am - 12.00noon
- Online tutorial: Participants will receive a Zoom invitation with login details prior to the workshop.
About the workshop:
Through this online tutorial you will learn about the anatomy, ecology and morphology of moths, as well as learning how to create different colour patterns and textures of Australian moths using watercolours. Students will learn how to produce an initial drawing of an object, how to scale it, what to include in composition, and then learn how to transfer it on paper and produce a beautiful scientifically accurate illustration in watercolour. After the tutorial all students will be able to produce a finished painting of the moth of their choice using the techniques they learned during the lesson. They will have two weeks to finish their painting and send to the tutor for feedback.
- learn new and interesting facts about moths, their anatomy, ecology and morphology
- observe different painting techniques and learn how to paint the colour and complex textures of moths
- learn how to produce a scientifically accurate sketch and a beautiful watercolour illustration of selected moths
Level of Experience: This workshop is suitable for beginners to intermediate level students with some drawing and watercolour experience.
Materials: A materials list will be available to participants once bookings are received, prior to the workshop.
About the tutor:
Anna holds a Bachelor’s degree in Biology and Ecology, and a PhD in Botany, she is a professional scientist, scientific illustrator, botanical artist and wildlife illustrator. She was born in Ukraine in 1982. She is an author of a few books and scientific papers, but also known a scientific illustrator. In 2016 she moved to Australia and became a member of the Botanical Art Society of Australia. She currently resides in Sydney and works on a Bush Habitat restoration of critically endangered plant communities.
NatureArt Lab Awards
- 2022, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Promoting Sustainability, ACT
- 2024, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Building Communities, ACT
illustration by Anna Voytsekhovich