20 - 21 January 2024 Peron's & Green Tree Frog in Watercolour with David Reynolds
Learn to paint two of Australia's most beautiful small frogs in watercolour with David Reynolds!
- Date: 20 - 21 January 2024
- Times: 9.30am - 4.30pm Saturday and Sunday
- Venue: NatureArt Lab Studio, 21 Blaxland Crescent, Griffith, ACT
Our chosen subject will be one of Australia’s cutest little frogs - Peron’s Tree Frog and the other subject will be the very well-known Green Tree Frogs. Our subjects have such great character, colour and markings and will be wonderful to capture in watercolour.
Students learn in a relaxed and encouraging atmosphere with plenty of open discussion about the watercolour techniques used to create this beautiful subject. Practical demonstrations of each technique will be shown allowing students to progress to a finished watercolour painting. We will have live specimens and photographic reference for our painting.
Students will receive a link to a secure Google Drive Folder containing photographic reference and a master drawing to transfer to watercolour paper prior to the workshop.
- Develop skills in layering transparent, staining, opaque and granulating pigment
- Understand techniques in building high levels of detail
- Colour mixing using transparent washes
- Creating an iconic Australian frog painting in watercolour
David is an experienced botanical and natural history artist who enjoys painting in rich natural pigments, always looking to achieve a high level of accuracy within his work.
He describes his style as ‘Accurate Realism’ and is always looking to portray his botanical and wildlife subjects with the most accurate detail possible yet doing it in a ‘painterly’ way honouring the watercolour medium.
In May 2018, David had two Banksia paintings represented in the World Wide Botanical Art Exhibition held in Canberra – Banksia integrifolia and Banksia serrata. For further information about David's work please see his website at: www.davidreynoldsart.com.au
**Please note that enrolments close one week prior to the workshop.
NatureArt Lab Awards:
- 2022, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Promoting Sustainability, ACT
- 2024, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Building Communities, ACT
Images: courtesy of David Reynolds