29 May - 19 June 2024, INTRODUCTION TO COLOUR PENCIL, with Renee Prescott
Learn all about colour pencil as a medium for nature-inspired art!
- Dates: 29 May - 19 June 2024
- Days/Times: Wednesdays 9:30am - 12.30pm
- Location: NatureArt Lab Studio, M16 Artspace, 21 Blaxland Crescent, Griffith, ACT
About the workshop:
Not sure where to begin with creating your own colour pencil drawing? This course will cover the basics of colour pencil drawing, getting familiar with colour pencil types and equipment choices. The course includes colour theory, learning how to mix and blend colours and create a range of textures. You will complete a series of artworks with different techniques to build familiarity and confidence with the colour pencil medium. Students can work at their own pace and preference - either your choice of project or completion of exercises covering different techniques.
- Knowledge of materials and equipment used with colour pencil drawings.
- From beginning to end - discussing the steps from concept to finished drawing.
- Knowledge of basic colour pencil techniques - colour layering, colour blending, colour mixing and pencil marks.
- Demonstrated understanding of how to approach and develop colour pencil drawings.
About the tutor:
Canberra based, Renee Prescott, has a passion for sharing her love of nature that many of us walk past or often can’t see. Renee is an avid photographer of nature’s awe-inspiring macro world, with a particular interest in fungi, moss and insects. Over the past years she has complemented her photography by focusing on various art mediums, including graphite; pen & ink; coloured pencil; and watercolour, to re-create the beauty and uniqueness of natural subjects (particularly when photos don’t do them justice). Renee looks forward to sharing her practical knowledge and experience to inspire participants in developing their artistic endeavours with nature.
NatureArt Lab Awards:
- 2022, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Promoting Sustainability, ACT
- 2024, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Building Communities, ACT