12 March - 2 April 2024, Watercolour Two (Evenings) with Karen Holloway
If you have completed our Watercolour One course, you're ready for the next exciting step......
- Dates: 12 March - 2 April 2024
- Times: Tuesdays 1.30am - 4.30pm
- Venue: NatureArt Lab, Workspace A, M16 Artspace, 21 Blaxland Crescent, Griffith, ACT
About the course:
This course continues the exploration of painting with watercolour looking at harmony in colour and combination of techniques. Students will learn how to stretch paper and will complete a series of exercises and projects based on themes from nature. We will look at monochromatic, complementary and analogous colour schemes and will gain practice combining wet and dry techniques with transparent glazing. Watercolour Two is a recommended/prerequisite for the follow-on Watercolour Three and Four.
- An enhanced ability to identify and mix colour and an understanding of how different hues affect each other.
- Skills in stretching paper
- Further skills in transparent glazing and applying washes on wet and dry
- An understanding of highlights, surface and cast shadow
Prerequisites/level: Suitable for 16+ ages, beginners who have completed Watercolour ONE and those wanting to revise their practice.
About the tutor:
Karen Holloway is a Canberra based botanical and mixed-media artist with a background in design and applied science. She combines her love of nature, patterns and surface decoration with keen observation honed by many years working as a paper conservator to create fresh, loose artworks with a vintage sensibility.
Karen is an enthusiastic advocate for using art and observation to connect with nature regardless of age or skill level. She encourages students to enjoy investigating different techniques and mediums to embrace the beauty of nature and explore their own passion for the natural world.
Image credit: Karen Holloway
Please contact us if you have any questions at: email@example.com