Australian Nature Tour: ALPINE FLORA AND FAUNA OF KOSCIUSZKO NATIONAL PARK: 12 - 14 January 2024
Experience the natural beauty of Australia's alpine regions at Kosciuszko National Park over three special days!
- Dates: 12 - 14 January 2024
- Days/Times: Midday Friday - 3.00pm Sunday
- Location: Thredbo, NSW
- Cost: $1560.00, with a booking deposit of $390.00
Experience the picturesque Alpine region flora and fauna through nature photography or nature journaling by immersing yourself in this pristine environment. With a mix of gentle short walks beside local waterways and alpine areas, enjoy the combined knowledge and experience of our team for the best opportunities to connect with the summer wildflowers, insects and small invertebrates that call Kosciuszko National Park home. We will be looking at unique insects including the spectacular Mountain Katydid, Chameleon Grasshopper, the Alpine Metallic Cockroach. The Park has over 200 species of alpine flowering plants including beautiful alpine sunrays, snow daisies, yellow billy buttons and everlasting daisies.
Led by NatureArt Lab Director and artist Julia Landford along with accomplished nature photographer Cristy Froehlich, and entomologist Alan Landford, this trip offers an enjoyable program of nature-inspired activities. Whether it’s relaxed nature walks along the Thredbo River and through alpine areas, or taking the chairlift to the top of Crackenback and walking the scenic summit trails, every moment promises to be special.
NatureArt Lab has an official NSW Parks EcoPass Licence to run nature tours in Kosciuszko National Park.
Our Kosciuszko National Park nature tour includes:
- a three-day program full of walks, activities, tuition and inspiring experiences
- two nights of accommodation at the Thredbo Alpine Resort with double/twin share rooms
- All meals with 2 breakfasts, 2 dinners, 3 lunches, plus morning and afternoon tea refreshments
- nature journaling guidance with Julia Landford
- photography nature walks and workshops with Cristy Froehlich
- expert guided walks looking at alpine flora and fauna including insects with entomologist Alan Landford, photographer Cristy Froehlich and artist Julia Landford.
- Optional night walk to see nocturnal species
- Chairlift, return tickets
Accommodation: Thredbo Alpine Hotel.
Cost: *1560.00 per person inclusive of accommodation, food, tutored workshops, and expert guided walks. A 25% deposit of $390.00 per person is required by 20 December 2023 to secure your place. A final payment of $1170.00 is due by 1 January 2024.
Limited single supplements are available at $800.00; please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for enquiries relating to single supplements prior to booking.
Please note: price excludes National Park Vehicle/Passenger fees, Park entry and Day Passes.
Fitness Level and Equipment: This nature tour is suitable for people with a moderate level of fitness, who are able to walk along uneven forest trails. People should have good walking shoes for trails, plus water bottles, sunscreen and hats. Weather can be unpredictable in alpine areas so clothing for warm and cool temperatures will be required. We will provide a full list of nature journaling materials and photography equipment for participants. Only 9 places are available.
NatureArt Lab Awards:
- 2022, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Promoting Sustainability, ACT
- 2024, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Building Communities, ACT
Nature Tour Cancellation policy:
We strongly recommend that participants take out comprehensive travel insurance against injury, illness, emergency medical evacuation, loss and damage to personal belongings, not being able to travel on a confirmed date of departure or tour cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances.
If cancellation takes place up to 30 days before the trip $390.00 is non-refundable, for cancellations 29 - 13 days before departure 50% of the cost of the tour will be forfeited. If cancellation takes place 12 days or less before the start date 100% of the tour cost will be forfeited.
If NatureArt Lab has to cancel a nature tour due to undersubscription, you will receive a refund of all payments made for that tour.
Please contact us at email@example.com if you have any questions.
Images: Julia Landford