Australian Tour: MURRAMARANG NATIONAL PARK: 3-7 August 2021, Bookings open now!
Experience the natural beauty of Murramarang National Park over 5 special days!
Spending time in nature is the perfect way to recharge your batteries and reconnect with the wonders the natural world offers. During this five-day nature trip to Murramarang National Park you’ll visit a number of wonderful sites and have an opportunity to photograph and journal what you see. Led by NatureArt Lab Director and artist Julia Landford along with accomplished artist and writer Dr Fiona Boxill, this trip offers a program of nature-inspired activities designed to suit everyone. Whether it’s early morning bird walks, exploring a spotted gum forest, spotlighting at night to see owls, possums and greater gliders or clambering over rock platforms to discover fossils and iron lacework formations every moment promises to be special.
During the week guided visits to places like Wasp Head, Emily Miller Beach or Wobbegong Bay with a local expert who will provide you with a more detailed appreciation of this beautiful part of the south coast.
To extend your nature journaling experience there will be a series of nature journaling workshops focusing on specific topics such as shells, insects, kangaroos, birds and writing about nature. There’ll also be plenty of free time for those wishing to relax and enjoy the beauty and tranquility on offer in this remarkable location and, if you fancy a bit of fun in the sun, there’s an opportunity to go kayaking on Lake Durras.
Our Murramarang National Park nature tour includes:
- 4 nights with absolute beachfront accommodation at Murramarang Resort with twin share rooms (no single supplements available)
- All meals included (except breakfasts) - 4 dinners, 3 lunches, plus morning and afternoon tea refreshments
- 4 workshops with NatureArt Lab tutors Julia Landford and Fiona Boxall
- 3 guided walks looking at local flora and fauna, geological landforms and learning about indigenous heritage accompanied by local ecologist and Land Care coordinator Paul May
- Optional extra walks include 2 night spotlighting walks to see gliders, possums and owls; and 2 early morning bird walks to see bower birds, honeyeaters and shore birds, and
- Durras Lake kayak trip led by local kayaking specialist.
- Optional extra: On Day 5, drive to Guerilla Bay and Burrewarra Point for a guided walk through a charming mature banksia forest with Julia and Alan Landford. See a variety of nectar-feeding birds and other wildlife, including the chance to see whales off this spectacular headland.
Suitable for people with a moderate level of fitness, who are able to walk through forest trails and along rock platforms and beaches. All equipment is provided for the kayaking trip. People should have good walking shoes for trails, plus water bottles, sunscreen and hats. A nature journaling kit for art workshops and activities would be useful, and we will provide a full list of suggested art materials for participants. Only 9 places are available. COVID-19 safe practices are essential for all participants at all times.
Dates: 3 - 7 August 2021
Accommodation: Murramarang Resort, South Durras. Check in at 2.00pm, Tuesday 3 August; Check out at 10.00am Saturday 7 August 2021.
Cost: $1,580.00* per person inclusive of accommodation, food (except breakfasts), tutored workshops, ecologist guided walks, night spotlighting tours and early morning bird walks, lake kayak trip.
A deposit of $580.00 inc. GST is due by 10 July 2021; the balance of $1,000.00 is due by 31 July 2021.
*NRMA members receive a discount on accommodation.
Images: Nature journaling; Murramarang coastal forest photography; Kayaking trip; Sea urchin photo - Photography by Julia Landford