22 February - 7 March 2024 Expressive Drawing, with Fiona Boxall
If you've learnt some of the basics of drawing and are ready to take that next step towards developing your own style - or simply want to explore different types of media and dive into incorporating colour in your artworks - this course will provide you with some new techniques to help you along. Learn to loosen up and go with the flow in this fun, relaxed approach to drawing nature.
Dates: 22 February - 7 March 2024
Day/Time: Thursdays 6:00pm-8:30pm
Location: NatureArt Lab, M16 Artspace, 21 Blaxland Crescent, Griffith, ACTCourse Description:
If you love drawing and creating images of nature and want to develop your own artistic style, this course will help you develop the skills and familiarity with a a variety of mediums to do so. Over the three weeks of the course, you will be introduced to different media, including coloured paper, crayons, pen and ink, watercolour washes and coloured pencils to render expressive and vibrant images of flowers, plants, insects and so much more. By the end of the course you will be ready to move onto completing a major project with confidence, choosing your own subject matter and the medium/s you wish to use.
- Familiarity with using a number of differnt media for rendering expressive drawings and images
- Creating a complex and vibrant drawing using different media
- Familiarity with particular techniques, for instance colour washes over graphite, pen and ink, tonal studies and charcoal
- Understanding the basic composition and how to develop a satisfying final image
About the tutor:
Dr. Fiona Boxall is a Canberra based artist, journaler and writer. She is passionate about the natural world and her work and journaling allows her to focus on this. She teaches our Introduction to Drawing One evening classes and loves nothing more than helping her students develop their own drawing style and compositions. She works in a variety of media and is constantly expanding and developing her approach.
NatureArt Lab Awards:
- 2022, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Promoting Sustainability, ACT
- 2024, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Building Communities, ACT