GALAPAGOS, ECUADOR and PERU, 4 - 27 August 2022 - Deposit of $1,750.00. Only two places available - single male and single female!
Journey through the Galapagos Islands and Amazonian Ecuador with a nature, art and photography focus. Experience several of the world's great natural wonders! Our unique itinerary (with actual dates to be confirmed) includes:
• Galapagos Island Cruise
7 nights private chartered cruise - aboard the Coral II
- Visit the Santa Fe sea lion colonies, see blue-footed boobies, Galapagos finches, frigatebirds and land iguanas; visit Espanola, the only nesting place of the beautiful Waved Albatross and snorkel with the marine life and marine iguanas; explore Floreana with the archipelago’s largest flamingo colony; enjoy San Christabal Island Museum of Natural History; observe the famous giant tortoises on Santa Cruz Island.
• Ecuador - Quito and Coca
Includes 4 nights in Quito (pre/post Ecuador nights) plus 4 nights at La Selva Jungle Lodge
- Day and night canoe rides through the rainforest, trail walks with naturalist guides to see mammals, birds and insects; parrot clay-licks, black-mantled tamarin monkeys and tapirs; wilderness trail walks with a chance to see larger mammals, including the elusive giant otter. See seven primate species including capuchin, howler monkeys and maybe the tiny pigmy marmoset – the smallest monkey in the world.
Our program offers an optional extra 8 nights in Peru
- Sacred Valley: enjoy breathtaking views of valley and its agricultural terraces
- Macchu Picchu: guided tour of the mysterious, magical, majestic Macchu Picchu
- Aguas Calientes – Cusco: get to know this UNESCO World Heritage site, see Incan and European architecture and culture. Visit Incan temples, Spanish cathedrals and impressive archeological sites of Qenko and Puca-Pucara.
- Private chartered cruise, Galapagos Islands, 7 night cruise, twin share accommodation in air-conditioned cabins with private bathroom (no single supplements), scheduled meals on board, daily visits to the islands with English-speaking guides, snorkeling opportunities, briefings and lectures on board, transfers to and from the islands from/to the ship. Snorkelling equipment (optional).
- Ecuador, Pre and Post Stay twin share accommodation (no single supplements), 4 nights bed and breakfast.
- Ecuador, La Selva Jungle Lodge, twin share accommodation (no single supplements), 4 nights, all meals, all sightseeing included, private transportation by air-conditioned vehicle, English-speaking guide.
- Travel with expert guides including scientist and photographer Damien Esquerre for individual photography mentoring and award-winning Australian artist Janet Matthews for art tuition (for the Galapagos and Ecuador components); accompanied by NatureArt Lab Directors Julia and Alan Landford for the entire trip.
- All flights are included - economy ex Sydney/Melbourne (option to upgrade available); Flights to Peru optional extra.
- All airport transfers are included.
- Optional extra 8 nights in Peru, twin share accommodation (no single supplements), full day Pisac market, Pisac ruins, Maras and Moray with lunch; visit to the town and archeological site of Ollantaytambo; ticket train Ollanta/Mapi return - Vistadome; Full day at Macchu Picchu with lunch at the Belmond; Weaving demonstration at Chrinchero with lunch at local restaurant; Half-day city tour of Cusco/tour of archaelogical sites near Cusco, all airport transfers.
Please contact info@natureartlab for a copy of the itinerary, plus payment terms and conditions. If you are interested in joining a future NatureArt trip or would like to be wait-listed for a place, let us know.
Fitness to travel
A good level of fitness is required to participate in this tour. In some destinations there are extensive sight-seeing excursions by foot which may include climbing of stairs and uneven terrain. Some South American cities such as Quito and Cusco are situated at an altitude of over 2,850 metres above sea level. At these altitudes the lack of oxygen affects most people to some extent until they become acclimatised. We recommend that you visit a doctor and dentist prior to your decision to participate.
Price is $17,485.00 per person*, plus an optional extra 8 nights in Peru for $3,299.00 per person. All flights ex-Sydney/Melbourne economy class will be arranged through Jamison Travel, Canberra on 02 6251 5166 as part of this package.
*Final pricing is subject to minimum numbers being reached and current provider rates. Pricing can also be dependent on exchange rates at the time of final payment. A small surcharge will apply should numbers fall below 15. A maximum of 16 places available.
Deposit per person $1,750.00 is due at time of booking and is non-refundable. Final payments are due on or before 3 June 2022.
Please note that departure dates may vary depending on resumption of international travel for Australia and destination countries.
This trip is arranged in partnership with Jamison Travel, Canberra and Adventure World Travel. For further information please contact Julia Landford at email@example.com or Michelle Everson at Jamison Travel on 02 6251 5166.
Artwork by Janet Matthews, 'FrigateBird-Ready for Love', Coloured pencil