9 & 17 Feb 2024, Make your own Natural Acrylic Paints, with Yvonna de Jong
Make your own Acrylic Paints in Two Easy Steps! 100% non-toxic, archival and Environmentally Friendly.
About the CourseDo you feel inspired to paint the beauty of nature, but would like to explore using Environmentally Friendly paints?
In this 3 hour Introductory workshop, you will discover how easy it is to make luscious acrylic paints, free from petroleum-based binders, fillers, stabilisers or heavy metals.
Students will be guided through:
- Making their own environmentally Friendly Paints using Natural Earth Pigments and a revolutionary new, archival, 100% plant-based Acrylik medium.
- Explore the delight of making 5 different colours and experience the different characteristics of each pigment.
- Create a colour chart using your newly made paints, allowing you to mix a range of colour options and become familiar with using these eco-paints.
- Learn how our art creations can be safer for both us and the planet.
At the end of this workshop, students can expect to be familiar with making, mixing and painting with their new paints and be more knowledgeable about the importance using eco-paints.
A materials list will be provided before you attend the class.
An Environmentally Friendly painting kit, containing your Eco-Friendly Plant-based medium, pigments and glass paint storage jars, has been created for this class. This kit is included in this course (valued at $112) and will contain more than enough product for several paintings.
About the tutor
Yvonna de Jong is a Canberra based Artist, passionate about nature and caring for our environment. She is a qualified teacher and her preferred medium is acrylic paints. She is an avid photographer and most often paints from her own reference material.
The absolute joy of spending time in nature is a big motivation for her love of painting and she loves to support others to create paintings and fulfil their creative vision, in their own way. Yvonna believes we all bring our own personal interest in nature to our artwork and loves to encourage students to stay true to this, through her structured classroom experiences.
Yvonna emphasises the importance of connection and observation when developing painting skills and this provides a framework for step-by-step encouragement of students in her classes.
NatureArt Lab Awards:
- 2022, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Promoting Sustainability, ACT
- 2024, Telstra Best of Business Award Winner for Building Communities, ACT
Images: Acrylic artworks by Yvonna de Jong