MONTAGUE ISLAND: 11 - 14 November 2022: Cost $1,600.00. Deposit of $600.00 to secure a place!
Whether you are an artist or a nature photographer, you will love this opportunity to sit amidst hundreds of breeding terns and gulls with newly emerged chicks, watch the little penguins arrive ashore in the evenings and see seals on the rocky shoreline. There is an optional extra tour available for people wishing to snorkel with the seals (cost and further details available on application).
This Montague Island trip includes:
- boat trips from Narooma to Montague Island, and return
- 3 nights accommodation at the historic lighthouse with twin share rooms (no single supplements available)
- 3 dinners, 3 breakfasts, and 2 lunches are provided plus morning and afternoon tea refreshments
- art workshops with NatureArt Lab tutors
- scientific presentations by an experienced ecologist and bird expert
- guided walks each day with ecologist and bird expert, including an opportunity to contribute to daily wildlife counts
- evening viewings of Little Penguins coming ashore
- Private ranger-guided tour of the historic Montague Island lighthouse, with 360 degree views of the NSW coastline and surrounding island plus ocean
Dates: 11 - 14 November 2022
- Departs Narooma, NSW, around midday on Friday 11 November (thirty minute boat trip across to Montague Island).
- Returns to Narooma early afternoon on Monday 14 November 2021
(Note: Departure times and dates may vary depending on weather conditions).
Cost: $1,600.00 per person inclusive of return boat transport from Narooma, accommodation, food, tutored workshops, guided walks, tours and talks.
A deposit of $600.00 inc. GST is due by 1 August 2022; the balance of $1000.00 is due by 1 October 2022. Early bird discounts of $100.00 off the full price are available for bookings paid by 1 April 2022.
**Please let us know if you are interested in this trip to be wait-listed for next year (or to join our 2022 trip in case of a cancellation).
Artwork by Lesley Wallington