National Science Week 2020: FREE Webinars - Canberra Women of Science and Art!
Coming soon - FREE Webinars during National Science Week 8 - 23 August 2020!
Meet a diverse group of Canberran women working in or inspired by science, tech, engineering, art and maths (STEAM).
These interesting people are anything but ‘boring scientists’. Check out the speakers including:
- Julia Landford, Founding Director of NatureArt Lab, 2019 Environmental Educator of the Year (ACT), Executive Officer of Australian Association of Environmental Education (ACT).
- Mikaela Jade, Indigenous entrepreneur, Founder and CEO, Technology, education and social enterprise
- Megan Gilbert, Social innovator, Co-Founder and CEO of Robots4Good, Missing School and Art of Agency
- Nicole Godwin, Author, Speaker and Founder of Tusk Books
- Maddie Diamond, Social and environmental activist, 2020 ACT Young Australian of the Year, Executive Officer of SEE-Change
Each of these women have written books; invented a robot; created new technology to tell ancient, indigenous Australian stories; taught children how to investigate and draw nature; pushed for action on climate change.
But their childhoods, lives and career pathways have been anything but traditional.
Did they enjoy school? Who is their favourite cartoon character? What or who inspires them everyday?
Get creative, win prizes
Canberra families and young people are encouraged to develop a creative interpretation responding to the stories you hear and the women who share them.
You can create anything — from art, stories/poems, videos, animations, to comedy and beyond! No limits (you’ll just need to be able to send it or a photo/video of it electronically.)
A prize will be awarded for a winner in each of these categories:
- Under 8 years old
- 8-12 years
- 12-18 years
- Family group.
For further details on this event including a link to register for the webinar or competition please go to:
An Innovate Communicate Event sponsored by the Australian Government and Inspiring Australia for National Science Week 2020.